Ian Smith BA (Hons), APMI, FPFS, IMC, AIFP, CFP, Chartered Financial Planner
Ian grew up in Solihull attending local schools and Solihull 6th Form college.
Accidentally ended up in pensions industry following A levels when looking for a job in something financial – well it was the 1980s! He has been an Independent Financial Adviser for most of this time although he has worked for a large insurer for 3 years and as a consultant to a Bank and Building Society.
In 2002 started own IFA practice Central Financial Planning Limited with John Eburne who he had previously worked with at a regional brokers. In 2003 set up Pensioneer Trustee Company Central Tax & Trustee Planning LLP to meet the increasing demand for Self-invested pensions and in 2007 Central Wealth Management Limited a specialist company dealing with financial planning for ultra wealthy clients.
He is both a Chartered and Certified Financial Planner and is the regional manager for the Institute of Financial Planning. He has won several awards including being the FT Pensions adviser of the year 3 times and has appeared on television and radio.
In his spare time Ian takes out the frustrations of dealing with Insurance Companies and Banks by going to the gym and doing Kung Fu and kickboxing. He has 2 young children and likes the outdoors and live music.
- Associate Pensions Management Institute
- Chartered Insurance Institutes Chartered Financial Planner
- Holder of Chartered Insurance Institutes Advanced Financial Planning Certificate
- Certified Financial Planner
- Professional Investment Certificate
- Investment Management Certificate
- BA (Hons) – Banking, Insurance Risk Management Sheffield Hallam University 2007
- Highly Commended in Planned Savings IFA of the year awards 2001, 2002
- Runner up Money Management IFA of the year awards 2004 & 2006
- FT Publications Financial Adviser Pensions IFA of the year 2004
- FT Publications Financial Adviser SIPP IFA of the year 2008 2009 and 2010
- Citywire New model adviser firm of the year 2010
- Money Management Financial Planner of the year 2010 Winner – Income Drawdown